Strong net fee income growth in constant currency across all of the Group’s regions driving an 80% increase in profit before taxation, to £18.2m.
- Excellent performance in the UK with net fee income increasing by 24%.
- Growth across both London and the regions.
- Increased activity in permanent financial services recruitment in London.
- Asia Pacific net fee income up 8% in constant currency.
- Emerging market strategy has proven successful with our newer operations in Malaysia, Thailand,
and Vietnam, in particular, delivering excellent growth in net fee income.
- Strong growth also delivered across more established markets such as Japan, Singapore and Hong
- Australia returned to growth during the fourth quarter. Record performance in New Zealand.
- Europe net fee income up 10% in constant currency.
- Excellent contract growth in France and Benelux.
- Permanent recruitment grew strongly in Belgium and Ireland. Spain delivered record net fee
- Other International net fee income up 35% in constant currency.
- Middle East business more than doubled net fee income year-on-year.
- US had a record year across both New York and San Francisco.
- Resource Solutions, the Group’s recruitment process outsourcing business continued to deliver significant
net fee income growth in the UK and Asia across both new and existing clients.
- Final dividend per share increased 13% to 4.35p (2013: 3.86p).
- Group headcount increased to 2,631 (2013: 2,307).
- 1.3m shares were purchased at an average price of £3.11 for £4.0m, in line with the Group’s share buyback
- Strong balance sheet with net cash of £14.3m as at 31 December 2014 (2013: £18.6m).
Robert Walters, Chief Executive, said:
“We delivered an excellent performance in 2014, increasing profit before taxation by 80%. This is testament
to the strength, depth and diversity that the Group now has in terms of both geography and discipline. Early trading in 2015 has been in line with expectations. Whilst we are mindful of continued Eurozone uncertainty, we believe we are very well positioned to capitalise on both current and future growth opportunities.”
The Company will be holding a presentation for analysts at 10am today at Newgate Communications, Sky Light
City Tower, 50 Basinghall Street, London EC2V 5DE. The Group will publish an Interim Management Statement for the first quarter ended 31 March 2015 on 8 April 2015.
For more information, please contact:
Robert Walters plc
Robert Walters, Chief Executive
Alan Bannatyne, Chief Financial Officer
T: +44 (0) 20 7379 3333